Thursday, November 10, 2011

Statement

I choose the statement "there is a difference between  being quiet and and being withdrawn". I am agree with this statement because people that is quiet is shy to talk or to  know new  people and they still interacting with people. But people that are withdrawn  don't  interact or  talk  with another person ,they are distant ,and some depress.
     The following example shows what quiet means . When i came to here , U.S, i couldn't  speak well English . I was very shy to talk  in English,well I've  always been  a little shy to talk to new people or to talk  in public but I still have friends , which the majority of them where quiet in school  or in another parts like me but when where together we really talk a lot  and interact with people like normal people. But  when i came here there was a totally new culture ,new people and a totally different language , that makes me very nervous  because i thought  that when  i was going to talk i will  make a mistake and nobody could understand me , which happened a lot ,but I still try to make friends and to talk to somebody that could understand me  and even if they dont , i just try to practice my english. And even right now i dont talk that much just with my friends because i am not a person that expressive.
    My second following example shows what is a withdrawn person.I would say that  a withdrawn person will appear uninterested in what is going on around him/her and not alert, not a part of the environment and overall very stuck in his/herself .
Withdrawing from other people can be a way of dealing with difficult emotions such as anger, sadness or fear. These sorts of feelings can be triggered by negative experiences, such as being undermined or patronised. If we identify and then avoid the triggers to a person's difficult feelings, the person may well become more engaged with others around them.Withdrawal may be a sign that someone is depressed.
Like Melinda she is passing through  depression in her life she is not able to talk and she don't really want to interact with people.
And for all this i think being quiet it means just to be shy and not to talk that much in public o with new people and withdraw is be in another world and don't know what is going on with the people that is around you  is why i say that they are totally different .



2 comments:

  1. I like this statement because you backed it up in your example I like the fact you used descriptive details in your response.

    ReplyDelete